Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Lights Gray in Rendering

Hello everyone,

My Vraylights (Disc, Multiplier:350, not invisible) appear gray in my rendering. They are getting more gray and appear "off" as my viewing angle is getting flatter.
    I'm rendering an interior scene and the lights appear more "off" as they are located at the back end of my room.

Is there a way to render lights alwas as pure white ?

I'm very grateful for every reply.
    Thanks!

I think a couple of screenshots would be very helpful for anyone willing to help. Or even a scene (if possible). You can remove all objects (like furniture etc.) that are not needed for the test and don't affect the reproduction of the problem.
    Aleksandar Mitov
    www.renarvisuals.com
    office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
    64GB DDR5
    GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Comment

Have you changed the directional setting? Anything other than 0 will cause this to happen.
      Gavin Jeoffreys
      Freelance 3D Generalist

Comment

Sure, no Problem.

Here is a detail of the Rendering. As you can see the white of the Vray light is darker in the background.
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, seems to be related to the "directional" settings of your lights. Does it go away if you make it zero like this:

If you still want the lights to have directionality and you also want them to not get darker, you can create discs as geometry with the same size and shape as your light sources and place them in the same location as your actual lights. Exclude them from the light sources so they don't block the light and apply VrayLightMtl to them. Don't forget to disable everything in Object properties except for "renderable" and "visible to camera" and to disable "generate GI" in Vray object properties.
          Aleksandar Mitov
          www.renarvisuals.com
          office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
          AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
          64GB DDR5
          GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Comment

...And to add to Alex's excellent post...In a general sense I pretty much always make my Vray lights invisible and replace then with a system as Alex describes. You will have much more rendering control with the Vray Light Material all around and also will avoid the occasional rendering anomalies sometimes seen when rendering Vray lights directly (AA problems, etc).

-Alan

Comment

Working...
            X