RT GPU and OSLTex and Siger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vlado View Post
    I think the shader will be auto-compiled when rendering, but I need to confirm.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    It didn't auto-compile in my test.

Originally posted by vlado View Post
    We do reimplement some 3rd party textures in the GPU code (f.e. ColorCorrect, MultiTexture and recently ForestColor), unfortunately the Siger textures are not among them right now.

It should be possible to write a GLSL shader that implements the functionality of the Siger textures exactly, but we will need to look into it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    It would be GREAT if you guys can implement this. In my test to convert a basic siger metal to a native one, didn't work (not even on CPU Advanced)
    In this pic, the left one is the siger metal, on the right is an attempt to convert it to native
    Click image for larger version

Name:	sample.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	220.9 KB
ID:	867511

And in RT, even worse:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	sample_rt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	867513

The RT test also revealed ANOTHER problem, namely the Shadow Catcher. In the scene there is a VRay Plane set to shadow catcher. In Advanced it acts correctly, catching shadows and not visible in reflection. But in RT the shadows are very black and the green in the reflection is the green wireframe color of the plane

Here's a max 2016 file if you want to check it out (V-Ray 3.50.04)
    2balls.zip
    Last edited by Morne; 24-04-2017, 06:31 AM. Reason: Added RT comments
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

We will be adding a "metalness" parameter to the VRayALSurfaceMtl shader first, so you will be able to use that. We will probably be adding it to the VRayMtl material at some point too. This option will do proper glossy metallic Fresnel without the need for the Siger shader.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Last edited by vlado; 26-04-2017, 04:49 AM.
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Any news here? I'm also using SIGER shader and have used them in lots of scenes. What is currently the best/easiest way to convert them for GPU?
        Regards
        Olaf
        Olaf Bendfeldt
        3D-Artist
        dimension3+

Comment

If SIGER shaders can be converted to MDL, they will work on V-Ray GPU.

Best,
          Blago.
          V-Ray fan.
          Looking busy around GPUs ...
          RTX ON

Comment

Working...
          X