Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home licence

Hi

Is the only way to get a home licence to run VNP, and acquire the licence over the net, due to the dongle restrictions?
    or buy a second licence, or dongle..........?

Surely there is another way?

Phil

Phil the new online license server works well for this as long as you have an internet connection

Cheers

Tdarcy

Comment

Thank you, Mr Darcy, I do.
      I will give it a go.
      Hope all is well.

Phil

Comment

Sorry
        Another question on this subject.
        I don't understand the basics.
        Am I using my own licence on my main machine in work and connecting to that on line with VNC.
        Or am I pinging off a Vray server AT Chaosgrup that holds a licence in my company name?

So If it is the first option my office machine has to be on all the time, and Dose max stay on or not?
        Thank you

philip

Comment

Philip,
          If your using the online license sever then i think Chaos Group gets pinged to see if the license is free or not. From what i have tried if max is on at work and you want to render at home it will still work as long as the vray settings dialogue box is closed at work. If you have a render running at work then render will have to finish before you can run a render at home.
          The online render server has a web page which shows if the workstation license is active or not and if the render node license is active or not.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Trevor

Comment

Phil,
            I just got the below reply from chaos support re. online license.
            It seem the online system is only for new purchases of v-ray and for the brief beta testing phase of 3.5
            As of yesterday the online system isnt working for me as my beta license expired ...sigh ! so back to the dongle for me ....
            Apologies for the misleading info above.

Cheers
            tdarcy

Hello Trevor D'Arcy,

Yes, the idea is to use the licenses on-line, however we still support the dongle licensing method.
            Online licensing (OLS) is currently available for new license purchases only, as our existing licensing system does not support migration of licenses from dongles to OLS.
            We are actively working on a fast and reliable license migration tool, however can not estimate when it is available. Please check regularly on our website for any update.

If you need any further assistance, please reply to this email.

Thank you,
            Chaos Group Support

Comment

Working...
            X