3.5 incredibly slow updating objs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.5 incredibly slow updating objs

I just installed the 3.5 update and on the one scene I tried got corrupted and crashed, I tried creating a new scene to render just boxes a plane and a light with the GPU mode and it crashed, and now i rendering an exterior scene and its slowly updating objects - I think I am 15 mins in and its still updating. I assume I have set up something incorrectly or IDK - somethings not right.

Any assistance with this? I have been able to work with a few older projects but most are not rendering at all.

Comment

I will need a way to reproduce this here. If you can get me a scene that has this issue to vlado@chaosgroup.com it will be very very useful to track down the issue.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

What I have zipped is too large to email

Comment

Originally posted by Sawyer View Post
          What I have zipped is too large to email
          In this case you can request FTP access by sending an email to support@chaosgroup.com and upload the archive there.
          Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I have sent up the file and havent heard anything back - got an email last week saying the support team is overloaded but I need to see if in the mean time I can get an older version of vray that works better because this is affecting every file I work on.

Comment

I'll be looking at your scene, actually. I'm not sure an older version will handle things any better though.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I think I found the request into the ticketing system but struggle to find the uploaded file since you didn't send us its name.
                We got a lot of uploads on the server and without a name it is difficult to propose which file from who has been sent.
                Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Lol - Yea it wouldnt surprise me if its on my end. Its happening to every project I work on even new projects. They are all using geom from Revit but it doesnt happen consistantly. Sometimes the rendering goes through and a region render takes 30 seconds the next time it hangs up and takes 6 minutes for the same section.

I am uploading a new file.
                  Last edited by Sawyer; 01-03-2017, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X