Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed Rendering using Backburner

Good Evening all,

It has been many years since I have stepped foot in here I learnt everything I know from here since the early days.

I have run into a problem at the office regarding DR and Backburner. We are running MAX 2016 and just installed vRay 3.50.03.

We have had this issue on previous versions however never had the time to trouble shoot.

Basically when a job is sent to backburner and the job begins to render the other nodes do not pick up to contribute to the job.

We read the chaosgroup help files
    https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...uted+Rendering

we ran a job on each DR node as a server as suggested however it didnt work.

Has anyone had success with backburner and DR?

Just a note DR is working from our machines it just doesnt work when sent to backburner.

Kindest Regards

Ryan
    Last edited by prey1979; 15-02-2017, 03:31 PM.

Make sure that Save servers in the scene is enabled in the DR settings window and then save and send the scene to backburner.
    Let me know if this works for you.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Tashko thank you !!!!!!!!!!

I do not know how we missed this i dont even remember ever having to use that switch or seeing it ? It works on my machine when my colleagues come in i will get them to run tests from theirs.

THank you so much for such a quick response!

Thank you

Ryan

Comment

Thanks for the update and let me know if there are any problems again.

Comment

thanks again one last question. Was this always part of vray? or is it new to 3.xx?
          We finally upgraded from 2.5 to 2 weeks ago.

Kind regards

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by prey1979 View Post
            thanks again one last question. Was this always part of vray? or is it new to 3.xx?
            We finally upgraded from 2.5 to 2 weeks ago.

Kind regards

Ryan
            I think it was available in 2.x too, but not sure which service pack.

Comment

great thank you again!!! its working beautifully now we need to figure out it max and vray works on windows server 2016 ... as we have blades sitting unused we want to assimilate

Comment

Working...
              X