checkProductRenderer() errors after installing 3.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• checkProductRenderer() errors after installing 3.5

I'm getting a bunch of macroscript errors every time I start a new 3ds max 2016 session. All seem related to checkProductRenderer() within the scripts. All of the scripts work fine after I dismiss the errors and max actually starts though.

Ideas?
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Can you show me a screengrab of the errors?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I first get an error about too many error messages to display but then I get this one about 4-5 times...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	866559

the listener also shows all of this:

Code:
      Welcome to MAXScript.

-- Error occurred in isEnabled(); filename: C:\Users\dpict\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2016 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\VRay-VRayPlane.mcr; position: 232; line: 11
      --  Frame:
      --   checkProductRenderer: undefined
      --   called in anonymous codeblock
      --  Frame:
      --   enabled: false
      -- Error occurred in isEnabled(); filename: C:\Users\dpict\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2016 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\VRay-VRayPlane.mcr; position: 232; line: 11
      --  Frame:
      --  Frame:
      >> MAXScript MacroScript Error Exception:
      -- Type error: Call needs function or class, got: undefined <<
      --  Frame:
      --  Frame:
      --  Frame:
      --  Frame:
      --  Frame:
      --  Frame:
      --  Frame:
      --  Frame:
      --  Frame:
      --  Frame:
      --  Frame:
      --  Frame:
      --  Frame:
      --   called in anonymous codeblock; filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\stdplugs\stdscripts\(MassFX)\px_mesh.ms; position: 6291; line: 347
      --  Frame:
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Ok, can you close 3ds Max, move all those VRay-*.mcr files somewhere out of the "C:\Users\dpict\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\ 2016 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros" folder and run 3ds Max again?

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

No errors with the mcr files moved. A few of my toolbar icons are grayed out now though. Should the mcr files not be there? I may have copied them there at some point and not remembering.

Comment

anonymous codeblock

Hello Vlado,

I am having the same “anonymous codeblock” issue. I have removed the scripts from the “C:\users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax \2017 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros” folder, and Max 2017 does start without error. However, when I add a the V-Ray Plane script to the Max Ribbon Interface as a shortcut, the message reappears upon restart.

I receive this message a few times and the "VRay-VRayPlane.mcr" script is opened in the background.

Name:	max2017-vray-3-5-error.PNG
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	866596

This is how I am adding the V-Ray premade script into the Ribbon.

Name:	max2017-ribbon-config.PNG
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	866597

Does there need to be an update to the usermacros that are being auto-created? It looks like it is getting hung up on the “enabled=checkProductRenderer()” command. I have tried this with the V-Ray Plane, Sphere, Dome lights as well as the Displacement Modifier with the same outcome. Any thoughts?

Thank you for your help.

Comment

I also have vray scripts added to the toolbars and these might be where the errors are being thrown. After everything starts though and the errors are dismissed these toolbar buttons work fine. It seems like they are being loaded before vray is loaded or something like that (just a shot in the dark).

Comment

am getting the same issues here, one computer gets it with the vraysphere script and mine was vray plane - for which i'd created a custom button, but since removing the custom button the error has stopped on my comp (I hadn't noticed there was one already on the vray toolbar). we're using max 2016 and the errors are only since installing 3.5 and they're not on all computers.

Comment

anonymous codeblock - Heap Size

I increased the Maxscript Memory Heap size from 15-100MB thinking it was an “out of memory” error, but that was not the case. Memory heap is fine. Does anybody have any other suggestion to try?

Setting location: Customize>Maxscript> Memory heap allocation.

Name:	heap.PNG
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	866686

Also, is there a way to get this thread noticed by Support for attention? (No comment since 2/16)

Comment

I've already sent it to our developers to look into, but I don't have a solution for you right now (I mean, for the case where you put the V-Ray macroscripts in other toolbars different from the V-Ray one).

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

Thank you for responding Vlado. I am about to release Max 2017 for our office and I wanted to include 3.5 in this customization release. Hopefully, the developers are quick to respond with a solution. 3.5 offers a lot of impressive features that will improve our workflow. – Regards.

Comment

Additionally, I would be happy to be a tester if they would like the help.

Comment

Originally posted by prybicki View Post
                          Additionally, I would be happy to be a tester if they would like the help.
                          Yes, I will let you know when we have something.

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

Hi, this was due to a change in the vrayutils.ms script It's fixed now and will make it to the next official builds. In the meantime you can replace the script file "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2017\scripts\Startup\vrayutils.ms". The macroscripts will be updated after the first shutdown with the new script so the error will disappear on the second run. It will be the safest to remove them again before running with the new script.

Please write if you continue to have problems with this.

Best regards,
                            Alexander
                            Attached Files
                            Alexander Kazandzhiev
                            V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Hello Alexander,

Thank you for the response and for the updated “vrayutils.ms” script. I can confirm that the updated script does resolve the load issue I was experiencing.

Please consider the issue resolved.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                              X