3.5 de-noiser artifacts + cannot save effects result

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.5 de-noiser artifacts + cannot save effects result

I am rendering an animation that has denoiser as a render element. In the VFB window I can select effect result which includes the lens effects plus denoiser result. The denoiser exrs have artefacts appearing over different frames (something that standard RGB exrs do not suffer from). Also I cannot save the effect result channel.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

No responses from support ? is this a known set of issues ?
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

First, are you rendering on a single machine or on multiple ones.
      If network rendering is used are you using a render manager (each frame renders on separate machine) or using V-Ray DR (multiple machines renders the same frame) or combination of both.

Second, is everything fine in the VFB window or the artifacts are visible there too?
      Can you show us how the RGB and Denoiser elements looks like, make sure that the artifacts are visible.
      You mentioned that the frames with the artifacts appears occasionally, what's the ratio between good and bad frames? Does the bad frames stays the same if you run the animation job over again?

Where do you export the files from? From V-Ray Raw Image file, Separate Render Channels or 3dsMax Render Output?
      Effects Result element is exported with RGB_color suffix when exporting from Separate Render Channels and its name is kept the same if the file is exported to multi-channel .exr or .vrimg from Raw Image File.

Are you using the official 3.50.03 version or you are using one of the beta versions 3.50.01/3.50.02?
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I have swapped out multiscatter for forest pro and then merged everything into a new scene just to check if this helps. I'll update you on Monday when I'm back in.
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

okay, so it seems merging the scene into a new scene and using forest pro has removed pretty much all errors apart from one. The effect result (bloom) hasn't saved on some frames. Basically the bloom effect goes on and off. I've checked all render nodes again and they are all running the same version as the workstation (Vray 3.50.03).

Any reason this is happening ? It seems odd that it saves the file under the same name as the effect resulted files but does not apply the bloom.
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Do you still have this issue with 3.50.04?

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I've yet to install the latest version. I'll do that today and run a few frames to see if it resolves the issue. Thanks
              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

okay. I've installed the latest version on all machines. I've traced it down to 2 render nodes that are producing this issue. I uninstalled vray on both machines and made sure there were no related files in the plugins folder. I then re-installed vray on both machines. I set the render to just these two render nodes but it still produces the same incorrect result. Not really sure what is happening. Backburner version is the same on all machines.
                Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Hi Steve, I would like to ask a few more questions.

Does the issue occur only with this project files or even using a basic scene setup ?
                  Have you tried to render the scene locally on one of the problematic machines ?
                  What about if you enable both output option in the VFB settings - Raw image file and Save separate render channels?

Another way to continue with the troubleshooting is to arrange a remote session.
                  Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                  Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                  X