online license sever not working in work but working at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• online license sever not working in work but working at home

As title says, my work online license server which was working great a day or so ago now cant find the license, but at home i have no problem. using the latest server build LICENSE SERVER | 4.3.1

any help appreciated , i have uninstalled vray 3.5.03 and server twice but still no joy ....working on max 2017

Cheers

Tdarcy

did some more experimenting, the online server seems to fail as soon as the dongle is removed which seems odd as it used to work no problem without dongle (LICENSE SERVER | 4.3.1)

Beginning to have my doubts about the online system !

Comment

Originally posted by tdarcy View Post
      did some more experimenting, the online server seems to fail as soon as the dongle is removed which seems odd as it used to work no problem without dongle (LICENSE SERVER | 4.3.1)

Beginning to have my doubts about the online system !
      Is it possible that you have the old and new V-Ray license server installed on that machine ? Please verify that the old one is uninstalled and reinstall the new Online LS.
      You can drop us an email to support at chaosgroup.com if you still have problems with the online licensing system, so we can remotely connect to your machine and see what is happening.
      Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Tashko

I got this reply today from chaos support re. On line license / dongle............

Hello Trevor D'Arcy,

Yes, the idea is to use the licenses on-line, however we still support the dongle licensing method.
        Online licensing (OLS) is currently available for new license purchases only, as our existing licensing system does not support migration of licenses from dongles to OLS.
        We are actively working on a fast and reliable license migration tool, however can not estimate when it is available. Please check regularly on our website for any update.

If you need any further assistance, please reply to this email.

Thank you,
        Chaos Group Support

Comment

According to our system the online licenses provided with the V-Ray 3.5 beta have expired 5 days ago. So it's important to have your dongle attached to your working machine now to get the licensing system fully working again.
          Unfortunately at this point is not possible to transfer/migrate licenses from a dongle to online.
          Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Can I ask.
            So if you have a dongle in work, and your trying ping off the Chaosgroup server it does work?
            This is because it is the old licence type, ie a dongle.
            So when will this be available for long time users.
            I still can't get the licence to work at home.very frustrating this point.

Comment

Hello, phillip

If your licenses reside on a dongle then you need to have that dongle connected to the license server on which you intend to use them.
              You can set up a VPN if you want to access a license server outside of your local network.

If your licenses are online license then you don't need to do anything except activating your license server.
              Ivan Latunov
              Licensing Team

chaosgroup.com

Comment

Thank you.
                So.................
                Can a licence to be transferred from dongle version to Online one?
                If the internet is down, for example from home or work and you use a online licence, ....you can't use vray to render?

Phil

Comment

At the moment, there is no way of transferring your dongle licenses online, but keep a look out here in the forums as we are currently looking for a solution
                  Ivan Latunov
                  Licensing Team

chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
                  X