X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help required..............

Good Morning.
    I have questions.
    Chaosgroup are pushing the GPU rendering element all the time and as an article stated recently, it is cheaper to invest in Graphics Cards that CPU chip sets.

I generally am CPU based work flow.
    For example I have model that have the building 20-40mb, then referenced in are 400mb Landscaping files and cars and street lights etc.

So What is the answer to getting the right result for Vray?
    I work off a Dell Precision T 7910 Duel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v3@2.5GHz, Nvidia Quadro K4200, 64GB.

So I have 2 questions really.
    1. What should I be running to get the best results fro the work type I have, which is all architectural?
    2. W
    hen I hit an interior issue with Vray and I am nearing deadline, I run to Corona, which is great at what it dose, but I would love to get the exact same results from Vray at the same ease, is that possible? Training maybe?

Thank you if anybody has time to comment.
    Phil
    Last edited by philip kelly; 21-02-2017, 01:03 AM.

Originally posted by philip kelly View Post

So What is the answer to getting the right result for Vray?
    It is difficult to propose a right or wrong way without having any examples. What exactly do yo mean here by right way - perhaps using GPU rendering instead of CPU?
    We will need more information in order to provide appropriate answer.

1. What should I be running to get the best results fro the work type I have, which is all architectural?
    Best Results is a very subjective term and it is really up to you to find out what is best for your type of work. There are many studios out there that still using CPU rendering and more and more studios already switched to GPU rendering. If the scenes you are rendering are way too complex they might not fit into the GPU memory and that might be one of the reasons to use CPU rendering. If from other side the scenes are not too complex and render speed is more important you may decide to invest into several GPU cards and get much faster results than a single/double CPU.

2. W
    hen I hit an interior issue with Vray and I am nearing deadline, I run to Corona, which is great at what it dose, but I would love to get the exact same results from Vray at the same ease, is that possible? Training maybe?
    Why do you actually want to have absolutely the same result with V-Ray since you already got them from Corona? Every render engine is a different software and in theory it is not possible to get absolutely the same results for the same render times from different render engines, even different versions of the same render engine sometimes produce different results.
    Maybe you have more knowledge of Corona or maybe Corona is more intuitive for you and it is perfectly normal to get faster results from tools that you know better and/or are more intuitive.

Would it be possible to get more information on the subject, f.e. what you can't do with V-Ray that you can do fairly easy in Corona?
    Is the render speed to slow or the quality too bad, or it is something else related to materials or lighting.
    It would be very helpful if you could send us some examples of the same scene created and rendered with Corona and V-Ray, then point out the things that you get easily from Corona but not able to get from V-Ray. This will certainly help us to provide a more straight-forward answers rather than general suggestions.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
    X