Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayDistanceTex makes scene slow

Hi guys,
    I searched about this issue and found that it was mentioned a few years ago. I've been using VRayDistanceTex quite a bit for complex booleans, and it's a great alternative to geometry booleans. But it still causes interaction with the associated objects to be VERY slow, especially with added complexity and quantity. (I am seeing this problem with VRay 3.5) The workaround I've used is to just disconnect the texture from the opacity slot. Sometimes, though, it's hard to always remember to reconnect them before starting to render. Just curious if this issue was ever focused on, or if it keeps getting put on the backburner, or if it was discovered that the issue has no solution.

Thanks!!
    John Pruden
    Digital-X

www.digitalxmodels.com
    3D Model Marketplace

Hello,

We did some improvements for the distance texture but they only helped for the material preview. When calculating for the viewport we still use the actual geometry and when it is heavy - you get the slowdowns.

I'm logging this issue in our system and we'll write back when it is fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Working...
    X