Random render nodes hang with 3.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random render nodes hang with 3.5

When running an image sequence render, using backburner, I get random render nodes that will hang on random frames. To fix, I select the nodes in QueManager and reset for the job, at which point those frames are given to a different node and they complete in the same amount of time it took the other frames to complete.

This happened on build 3.05.02, and 35701 using a clay render. It did not happen on build 3.40.03.

EDIT: I'll see if I can get an error message...

EDIT2: This is using RT CUDA.
    Last edited by biochemical_animations; 23-02-2017, 10:33 AM. Reason: typo, and addition

I ran one clay sequence render with 35701 and got 3 nodes that hung.

I ran two identical clay sequence renders with 34003 and got no nodes that hung.

The same 3ds max file was used for these three renders.

EDIT: Maybe I have a random issue...I ran two renders with 35701 and did not get a node hang...I'll keep testing.
    Last edited by biochemical_animations; 23-02-2017, 01:12 PM.

Comment

If it happens again, can you get me a minidump file from the 3dsmax.exe process on the nodes using the Task Manager, while the nodes are frozen in this way? It will be very helpful.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Sure...thanks.

Comment

Hi Vlado,

It happened again. I'm emailing you a link to download the minidump. I also got an error in the vray message window stating:

Error during V-Ray RT initialization in stage 2!

Comment

Vlado,
            The dump I sent may not pertain to the same issue of random render node hang. I think it may have been caused by a max bug I've experienced when changing the timescale. I had the render node hang again, and it was different. If you want to disregard the dump file I sent, I'll try and send you a dump to the correct node hang issue.

Comment

Working...
            X