OLS issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLS issue

anyone having problem with online license server?
    I have installed vray 3.5 for max 2017 on my laptop but OLS says I have no license available; dongle works as expected at office with max 2016 and vray 3.2. (old license serve)
    I was able to work with OLS and 3.5 beta 1 and 2 some weeks ago but not now ...with the official 3.5 release.
    I've already tried to uninstall and reinstall 3.5 and to switch off the firewall ...no luck.

any idea?
    Alessandro

If you go to my.chaosgroup.com and log in, do you see any licenses listed there? In any case, it would be best to write to support@chaosgroup.com - they will help you out.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      If you go to my.chaosgroup.com and log in, do you see any licenses listed there? In any case, it would be best to write to support@chaosgroup.com - they will help you out.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Logged in my.chaosgroup.com I can see 3 license servers and 0 licenses ...it seems odd
      error message inside V-Ray tab in Render Setup window is -197

thanks for answering on Sunday morning

UPD1
      localhost:30304/getstatus
      Cannot GET /getstatus
      vrol.exe is running but it has memory usage always changing ...55 mb increasing (57, 58 and so on till aroud 60 then drops down to 53 ...more or less)
      vrlService is running
      they both can start and stop using their menu shortcuts
      Using "manage OLS shortcut" I can read a server message saying "vrlservice stopped" ...but I can see it's running using task manager
      Last edited by zeronove; 27-02-2017, 01:44 AM.
      Alessandro

Comment

Dongle licenses are not available online

Plese contact support@chaosgroup.com if the following does not match your case:

You have licenses on dongle.
        You had temporary online licenses (probably beta) that are now expired.

The online license server works if you plug your dongle and enable dongle licensing.
        It no longer works without your dongle.

This is because licenses from your dongle are not moved online and can only be used with the dongle plugged in (as before). Only licenses available online are available for use from any activated online license server. To work with licenses from your dongle you will have to take the dongle with you or have a VPN connection (as before).
        We are working to provide the option to move all licenses from your dongle to online licensing.
        Online Licensing @ ChaosGroup

Comment

Originally posted by oubless View Post
          Plese contact support@chaosgroup.com if the following does not match your case:

You have licenses on dongle.
          You had temporary online licenses (probably beta) that are now expired.

The online license server works if you plug your dongle and enable dongle licensing.
          It no longer works without your dongle.

This is because licenses from your dongle are not moved online and can only be used with the dongle plugged in (as before). Only licenses available online are available for use from any activated online license server. To work with licenses from your dongle you will have to take the dongle with you or have a VPN connection (as before).
          We are working to provide the option to move all licenses from your dongle to online licensing.
          Thanks for your answer, in the meantime I've already received an answer from support where they politely explained to me what you said here.
          So I totally misunderstood how OLS is supposed to work ...fine, now I know but let me point to what you have written above:
          "The online license server works if you plug your dongle and enable dongle licensing."
          Maybe it's my poor knowledge of languages but your sentence to me sound again totally misleading; the rude fact is that actually the new licensing system DOESN'T work ONLINE for every existing MAX user so, for now, we can elegantly skip this thing; I mean the word online and the word dongle can't stay peacefully in the same sentence
          Too bad but you are the boss so it's fine, just let us know about it in a less obscure way.
          Last edited by zeronove; 27-02-2017, 10:28 AM.
          Alessandro

Comment

I'm sorry if I sounded rude in some way, not my intention.

To quote a colleague of mine:
            ...the idea is to use the licenses on-line, however we still support the dongle licensing method.
            Online licensing (OLS) is currently available for new license purchases only, as our existing licensing system does not support migration of licenses from dongles to OLS.
            We are actively working on a fast and reliable license migration tool, however can not estimate when it is available.
            taken from http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...orking-at-home

Again - we are actively working to resolve the issue.
            Online Licensing @ ChaosGroup

Comment

Working...
            X