Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences in Render - 3.4 vs 3.5

Hi,

I've rather stupidly upgraded to 3.5 mid-way through a job, and found that when I re-render areas of an existing scene, they come out very differently to the 3.4 renders.

It seems to be gamma related - The scene's lit by an HDRI with inverse gamma at 0.75, and what was reasonably balanced lighting in 3.4 is now very blown out in sunlight and way darker in shadow.

Has anything changed regarding the way VRay deals with the gamma of HDRI lighting, and if so, is it something I can change back without rolling back to the previous version again?

Cheers,

John
    Website
    Behance
    Instagram

Hi John,

I could not reproduce the issue with the scene that you sent. Is there anything specific that needs to be done to reproduce the difference?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      Hi John,

I could not reproduce the issue with the scene that you sent. Is there anything specific that needs to be done to reproduce the difference?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Hi Vlado,

I've replied to your e-mail. Let me know if you haven't received it, and I'll re-send.

Cheers,

John
      Website
      Behance
      Instagram

Comment

Yes, thanks - I forwarded it to the VRScans team for investigation.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi there,

I had similar issue that may be related to your case.
          If you are using saved Scene States with Light and Camera properties + batch rendering it may be the cause of the problem as it was for me.

Regards,
          Dimiter

Comment

Working...
          X