Vray 3.5 + RPManager multiple frame buffers stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 3.5 + RPManager multiple frame buffers stuck

Like many of you I suppose, I use RPManager a lot to handle all of the different views for projects, it goes a long way for handling multiple cameras, exposures, aspect ratios, etc., etc.. With the latest 3.5 update to VRay though it seems I can no longer interact with the multiple frame buffer windows it generates when rendering multiple cameras while it is still rendering. Essentially while it is rendering only the currently rendering frame buffer is "active". While not a huge deal, it was convenient prior to be able to save, zoom, and overall examine the renderings after they were done while the others were still rendering. I can switch to the other frame buffers but that's it.

Has the code for the frame buffers changed that this is no longer a workable option? (Sorry if this is better suited to a RPManager forum question)
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

There haven't been any changes in that regard, as far as I know. It would be best to talk to the RPM developers about this.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado. Will do on contacting RPM.
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Scratch that.... It seems I don't have a forum account over at http://www.rpmanager.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl and there doesn't seem to be a way to register a new account! There's a login link, but no register link. If anyone is having a similar problem and has forum access please post over there.

Comment

I am using the RPM and vray and having a similar problem.
          Also can take ages to cancel a render.

Can't see how this would be an RPM issue if it was working fine with 3.4 but not with 3.5
          Last edited by pg1; 06-03-2017, 10:15 PM.

Comment

I've no idea, we haven't really changed anything in V-Ray that may cause it. I will have to ask Grant for a test license, but can you get me more specific reproduction steps or a scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com ?

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

You can download a fully functional version of RP manager from
              http://www.rpmanager.com/RPManager_Download.htm

You have to also download the evaluation license. It will only allow 2 passes but should be enough.

Wouldn't be anything to do with the new right click options on the VFB or resumeable rendering?

Might also be a max service pack, not sure if our IT department have update recently.

Comment

Originally posted by dlparisi View Post
                Scratch that.... It seems I don't have a forum account over at http://www.rpmanager.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl and there doesn't seem to be a way to register a new account! There's a login link, but no register link. If anyone is having a similar problem and has forum access please post over there.
                Just send an email to Grant with your credentials and he will register you on the forum.

mekene

Comment

Originally posted by pg1 View Post
                  I am using the RPM and vray and having a similar problem.
                  Also can take ages to cancel a render.

Can't see how this would be an RPM issue if it was working fine with 3.4 but not with 3.5
                  Thanks for the repost over at the RPM forum .

Comment

No worries. Hopefully can get it sorted

Comment

Looks like this got sorted out in 3.6 either intentionally or accidentally but great either way!

Comment

Working...
                      X