Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Lister and HDR LS crash?

SOLVED: See last post.

I'm not sure if this is caused by vray, but when I try to open the light lister, I get an "unknown system exception" error with the vraylightlister.ms at this line:

Click image for larger version

Name:	LL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	436.6 KB
ID:	887112

I'm also getting a crash with HDR Light Studio, when opening the connection plugin which looks like this:

Name:	LS.jpg
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	887113

When I click details, I get this:

Name:	LS02.jpg
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	887114

HDR Light Studio is supposed to look like this:

Name:	LS_Proper.jpg
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	887115

It weird, if I start a clean max file, the light lister and HDR LS work fine, it's only after working with a file or saving it or something unknown at this point that I get these errors. I just thought I'd ask if anyone else had seen this, or if this is a known issue with vray. If not, I'll do more research on my end to see if its a problem with my max file or something else.

The light lister and HDR LS used to work fine back in november/december, the only software I've changed is vray, thus the reason for my inquiry here.
    Last edited by biochemical_animations; 03-03-2017, 10:50 AM.

OK, I re-opened the file, and HDR LS worked...weird.

Then I tried changing from active shade to production, still having RT as the renderer and I get this "unknown system exception" in this maxscript file:

Name:	NewOne.jpg
Size:	367.6 KB
ID:	866843

Again, not sure if it's vray, but I thought I'd ask...I'll keep working on the issue.
    Last edited by biochemical_animations; 03-03-2017, 08:56 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

OK, a little more testing.

If I open max without opening a file and the LS connection is enabled,
      then, try to open my project file that has RT Active shade selected, max crashes.

If I open max without opening a file and the LS connection is NOT enabled,
      then, try to open my project file that has RT Active shade selected, the file opens fine, then if I enable the LS connection, I get this:

Name:	LS-blank.jpg
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	866844

If I change from active shade to production, nothing happens (meaning the production settings do not show up in the render dialog)...if I change from production back to active shade I get the error I posted in my last previous reply above, and the LS connection is still blank.
      Last edited by biochemical_animations; 03-03-2017, 08:57 AM. Reason: addtion

Comment

If I open max without opening a file and the LS connection is NOT enabled,
        then, try to open my project file that has RT Active shade selected, the file opens fine, then if I change to production and keep RT, then enable the LS connection, I get this:

Name:	LS_getting-there.jpg
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	866845

...if I change to active shade I get the render button error in post #2

Comment

I might have a problem with a model in my scene or something...I think I'm tracking it down and it looks like it doesn't pertain to vray.

Comment

Found it...I had a vertex paint on a nurbs surface...I added an edit poly on the stack above the nurbs surface, but below the vertex paint, and now Light lister is working and HDR LS is working too.

Funny how this one thing would cause an error in two other areas you wouldn't think related.

Comment

Glad you solved it, but we should probably look into it anyways. Do you keep the original problematic scene so that we can investigate what happened?

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yeah, I can strip it down and send it to you.

Comment

Working...
                X