Another "could not obtain a licence (-197)" Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "could not obtain a licence (-197)" Case

Hi guys, this case is very similar to the other one posted in this forum earlier today. My VRAY licensing had been working just fine up until late last week. I have a support email out regarding the situation. Using Vray 3.5 w/ MAX 2017 on Windows 10 Box. Wibu Runtime software updated and working correctly and appears to see my Dongle just fine, however the Vray License Server just doesn't seem to want to launch now. I'm also trying to understand how this new online licensing works and what I should be doing different with a Vray 3.5 installation over years past. I'm down for the count until I can get this resolved.
    Thanks! -Dave

You shouldn't have to do anything different and if you have a dongle, you shouldn't have to worry about the online licensing. I'll get someone from our support team to help you out.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaPixel View Post
      Hi guys, this case is very similar to the other one posted in this forum earlier today. My VRAY licensing had been working just fine up until late last week. I have a support email out regarding the situation. Using Vray 3.5 w/ MAX 2017 on Windows 10 Box. Wibu Runtime software updated and working correctly and appears to see my Dongle just fine, however the Vray License Server just doesn't seem to want to launch now. I'm also trying to understand how this new online licensing works and what I should be doing different with a Vray 3.5 installation over years past. I'm down for the count until I can get this resolved.
      Thanks! -Dave
      We have just sent an e-mail with some simple instructions that you need to follow in order to troubleshoot your issue with the license server. You can reply to the ticket thread if you still have any issues afterwards.

Comment

Thank You Mihail,
        The newer vrlservice_win_4.3.1 installer worked and got the license server working again. I'll make sure to pass this one along to the rest of the team, as they were still running on the version which installed with the vray_adv_35003_max2017_x64 installer. Thank you for the quick response fellas - great products and great service as always.
        -Dave

Comment

Working...
        X