Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instant crash on render

Hi Guys,

since about 2 hours I am getting instant 3ds max crashes after starting a vray render. I've upgraded to vray 3.50.4 the other day, but everything seemed fine. Renderings went through without problems. Then the rendernode skipped on backburner and I thought it might be the time to restart windows. So after restarting both the rendernode and the workstation as well none of them likes to render anymore. After hitting render, the lightcache calculation starts and bang it's gone.

I've checked both, vray licenses as well as Autodesk licenses, but they seem fine to me.

Any ideas what could be the reason for this? Facing a tight deadline, this is not really the best thing that could happen.

Thank you.

Nevermind,

I've uninstalled V-ray and the online license manager and reinstalled it. Now everythings looks good again.

Comment

So after two days I still see no reason what's causing the problems. Sometimes in very rare cases it does render without problems. In like 49 out of 50 cases it doesn't.

I replaced the raid storage, since both computers stopped working at the exact same time.

It does work with VrayRT for some reason whilst Vray Advanced doesn't.

I stopped the online license server and started the local license server manually. Do the newest wibu key driver (6.40) work with that? Is it safer to downgrade to 6.32? I've had 6.32 with the online license server, wich didn't work, upgraded to 6.40 wibu key driver and the newest license server 4.3.1 but that didnt't help either.

Any Ideas?

Comment

Hello,

When Max crashes it creates a crash dump in the temp folder (%temp% in windows explorer and it is called 3dsmax_minidump.dmp). Could you send one such dump to our support ?

Best regards,
        Yavor
        Yavor Rubenov
        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Thank you for the quick repsonse.

I will do that, as soon as I get a reply so I can answer to the support ticket.
          Last edited by hoch5; 09-03-2017, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X