No announcement yet.

vRay 3.50.04 Distributed rendering - rendering starts delayed on rendernodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vRay 3.50.04 Distributed rendering - rendering starts delayed on rendernodes

Hi,
    I have problem with 3.50.04. After update the vRay I noticed that the rendering starts delayed on rendernodes.
    Main workstation compute LC + IRR and starts rendering. Then I have to wait a long time for rendernodes (about 10-15minutes) to start rendering with all computers.
    Sometimes renderonodes start rendering without problems (with LC, IRR and final rendering), sometimes not.

On previous version of vRay, I didn't notice that problem in the same .max scene, so it is definitely problem with the new version of vRay. My friend has the same problem.
    The V-Ray messages window does not show any warnings. Just Server [IP] Starting frame 0...then nothing happen (too long)...then "Sending XXX bytes of IRR map to [rendernode] and then the rendering node joins and starts rendering.

Any ideas?
    www.luminancestudio.pl

Is there any difference if you switch from adaptive lights to probabilistic? For the adaptive lights, we turn off the distributed light cache in the official builds. This is fixed in the nightlies, but there was no time to include it in the official builds. If this is the case and the problem is because of the adaptive lights, let me know and I can get you an updated build to see if it works better.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

We've also noticed this in our studio where DR starts picking up much later than previous versions. It seems switching from adaptive lights to probabilistic does not remedy the issue.
      Ramy Hanna

TILTPIXEL

Comment

Ok. We haven't really changed anything in the DR code, but I'll try to reproduce this here. How many machines are you use for DR? Right after this happens, can you get me the vraylog.txt file from one of the render servers?

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Vlado,
          this is from our one of our render servers (vraylog.zip). It didn't pick up until 8 minutes into a 4000px HD rendering.

thanks!
          r
          Ramy Hanna

TILTPIXEL

Comment

Hey,

Ramy can you send me the scene at peter.matanov@chaosgroup.com ?
            If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
            Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by ramy02 View Post
              this is from our one of our render servers ([ATTACH]36716[/ATTACH]). It didn't pick up until 8 minutes into a 4000px HD rendering.
              Thanks, it looks like two things are taking the time: a) the transfer of the .max file and/or b) loading the file into 3ds Max. I'm not sure which one it is yet. Would you be willing to try a build with some additional information in the log file to help me track it down?

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Hi Vlado,
                Thank you for the solution. When I switched to full light evaluation, the problem gone. I didn't try probabilistic yet.

Best,
                Tom
                www.luminancestudio.pl

Comment

Originally posted by luminancestudio View Post
                  Thank you for the solution. When I switched to full light evaluation, the problem gone. I didn't try probabilistic yet.
                  Ok. Are you willing to test a build where this is fixed?

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post
                    Hey,

Ramy can you send me the scene at peter.matanov@chaosgroup.com ?
                    It doesn't seem to be scene specific, and happens to even small files that don't have many assets. But I can send you the max file if you still want it.
                    Ramy Hanna

TILTPIXEL

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                      Thanks, it looks like two things are taking the time: a) the transfer of the .max file and/or b) loading the file into 3ds Max. I'm not sure which one it is yet. Would you be willing to try a build with some additional information in the log file to help me track it down?

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      I'd be glad to try a build that had some more log info. Would this go on the workstations or render slaves or both?
                      Ramy Hanna

TILTPIXEL

Comment

Originally posted by ramy02 View Post
                        I'd be glad to try a build that had some more log info. Would this go on the workstations or render slaves or both?
                        Both; you can email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com for the build.

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

Just to get back to you on this issue, after doing extensive test, I can confirm there is not a DR slow down with 3.50.04....carry on!
                          Ramy Hanna

TILTPIXEL

Comment

Good to know, thanks for the update!

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

Working...
                            X