No announcement yet.

3.5 Glare not rendering via Backburner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.5 Glare not rendering via Backburner?

Hey

Is it just me or that effect is not netowrk available and I need to render it all from local workstation max?
    None of my frames have glare in them :- (

Regards
    Dariusz
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Snap....I just logged onto the forum to post exactly the same complaint!!!!!!

My render slaves are running exactly the same version of vray and 3ds max as my local workstation. I tired with both vray 3.5.03 + the latest 3.5.04. I am using 3dsmax 2016 and service pack 3. I am using default vray settings BF+LC. Glare is set to 'glare type from camera parameters. Reinhard burn value set to 1.0 but set burn in vfb to 0.2. frame renders perfectly locally.

I have tried lots of tests, to see if it was something i was doing wrong. When I submit a job via backburner only my local workstation will render the glare, all the other computers render the frames without glare.

Vlado and the team can you please look into this please????? I have a big animation to render and i keep hitting problem after problem with vray 3.5

Comment

Hey

Hah cool glad I'm not alone.

Did u try disabling hardware acceleration in VFB ? I was thinking this could be the cause as my nodes dont have GPU's... but not sure havent tested yet.

Comment

Hey! Good call.....That was the problem. Just did a quick test with hardware acceleration turned off and the render farm correctly rendered the glare in the frames.

Comment

Hey

Good to know thanks. Probably something the Flare plugin should check at the start if GPU is available and if its faster than cpu then should use proper hardware...

Comment

Working...
          X