Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• batch render override Vray image file on next job

Hello,
    How can we save vray raw image file using batch render with several frame?
    The raw image is save for the first render job with several frame (001.vrimg...002.vrIMG...) but then on the next job I received an error message asking to override 001.vrimg.
    I have to manually rename the already save raw image before validating the override to continue the batch render (so it's no more a batch render in this case!)

Thanks

Hi,
    I think the proper way to save the output of the Batch rendering is from the batch window itself. The native 3DS Max file output works in the same way acceding to my tests. However, while testing this workflow I found that only one frame has been saved from each camera sequence with V-Ray Vrimg file format, which might be an issue.

What about saving the render output to "EXR" files? Would that be a solution for you right now?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2017-03-13_11-41-42.png
Views:	1
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	866965
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks, will try EXR file instead of Raw.
      What's the workflow to used render Mask and batch render together?
      Let say I have different material version of some object in the different scene state. Using batch render is fine but rendering the full frame again and again is not a shortcut.
      I would like to used batch render with scene statre manager with Render mask. Is it possible?

Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately, the EXR format doesn't include the render pass (AO...).
        I tried with both auto ADD and manually, result is the same, I don't have the render pass included in the EXR file.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	EXR.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	866967

Thanks

Originally posted by tashko.zashev View Post
        Hi,
        I think the proper way to save the output of the Batch rendering is from the batch window itself. The native 3DS Max file output works in the same way acceding to my tests. However, while testing this workflow I found that only one frame has been saved from each camera sequence with V-Ray Vrimg file format, which might be an issue.

What about saving the render output to "EXR" files? Would that be a solution for you right now?
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]36807[/ATTACH]

Comment

I think you have to turn off the VFB for this render job in order to get all render elements automatically added to the EXR file.

There is one interesting solution for this problem posted here:
          http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...batch+elements
          Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

You can also use psd-manager as a workaround and save to PSD. It can access the V-Ray framebuffer directly - so you can use color corrections, Bloom & Glare or the Denoiser etc. and still use Batch-Render. psd-manager doesn't have the problem of the duplicate filenames, because it has an option "Match render output filename". So whatever Batch render or any other render manager configures as the output filename for the current render - psd-manager will pick up on that and use it (but appends PSD).

There isn't anything special about your AO element - if you use the 3ds max multi-channel EXR export - it will only save the render elements if you turn V-Ray VFB off. This is because otherwise it sees the 3ds max elements as being disabled and does not save them.

Daniel
            Daniel Schmidt - Developer of psd-manager

Comment

Thanks,
              No way, I can't get multichannel EXR, VFB on or OFF. The only way so far is to save the file from the frame buffer.
              I'm still investigating the issues.

Will have a look to PSD manager, but that's probably a paid plugin (another one again).

Originally posted by dans View Post
              if you use the 3ds max multi-channel EXR export - it will only save the render elements if you turn V-Ray VFB off. This is because otherwise it sees the 3ds max elements as being disabled and does not save them.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by fraggle View Post
                Thanks,
                No way, I can't get multichannel EXR, VFB on or OFF. The only way so far is to save the file from the frame buffer.
                I'm still investigating the issues.
                I did try and this worked for me:
                - set 3ds max 2017 output to PNG
                - turned V-Ray 3.50.04 Framebuffer off
                - directly in Batch Render dialog setup EXR to automatically add all elements just like your screenshot
                - rendered locally

Originally posted by fraggle View Post
                Will have a look to PSD manager, but that's probably a paid plugin (another one again).
                Yes, will be until I won the lottery

BTW, if you at some point just want to just get rid of the "overwrite files" questions. These appear because 3ds max runs as usual in interactive mode. You can save the Batch Render as a batch file ([Export to .bat...] button) and run it from the command line. This will run 3ds max in silent mode and 3ds max + plugins will know not to show you such questions and just overwrites the files. Same thing as when rendering via Backburner.

Daniel
                Daniel Schmidt - Developer of psd-manager

Comment

My file was corrupt, I finally got sort it out on a new scene.
                  Nest time I will do that first instead of posting and losing the full day!!!
                  Last edited by fraggle; 13-03-2017, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X