Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPR Issues

Hi
    I've tried to use IPR today in real interior project it was really great and beyond my expectation ! (Thanks for the team )
    but I found some small issues with updating the IPR that I would like to report and sorry if it has been mentioned before :
    1-adding object to exclude list in override material
    2-isolate light then exit isolate mode
    3-render hidden lights check /uncheck
    4-changing Burn Value
    5- changing render resolution
    All the previous require ether refresh or even normal render before IPR can update
    I have faced only 2 crashes with ipr too (which is really good after 8 hours runnung ! ) when I do the following :
    1-select mesh light
    2-add edit poly to the original mesh in the stack
    3-select polygon mode and try to move all polygons ..doing this couple of time and max will crash
    this crashed my max twice but sometime it doesn't so if you couldn't re-produce it I can share the light mesh if that would help .

Best regards,
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
    Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Hi,

About the updating issues:
    1. Logged
    2. This should work - do you have a scene that reproduces the problem?
    3. The "Invisible" switch of the lights should work in IPR
    4. Logged
    5. Turn off the "Fit resolution to VFB" (Settings tab/ IPR options) to make changes to the resolution from the Output Size rollout in the Common tab

About the crashes - same as number 2.
    Last edited by matanov; 17-03-2017, 05:40 AM.
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

Thanks Peter
      2- Actually it is not the usual " isolate " but I use hide geometry in the scene by pressing Shift + G to isolate lights to select and when I unhide geometry again IPR doesn't update .sorry I should have made it more clear at first .
      3-No, I am referring to the option under global switches "render hidden light .
      5- It is already off and in order for ipr to update I have to start normal render first with the new resolution and then start ipr
      Here is the light that cause crashing :
      https://we.tl/kpFxk98Ug2

There is 2 lights in the file and the one which cased crashing is the "Chand" one .

Best regards,
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
      Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

2. Aah ok Logged.
        3. Logged
        5. It's working fine here - send me a scene (peter.matanov@chaosgroup.com)

It's not crashing here, send me the dump file by email (after it crashes there should be a dmp file in your %temp% folder).
        If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X