VRay select object error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay select object error

So I loaded an old file last used with an older version of VRay. I made a bunch of updates to the file, and when I go to render, I get the error "You must have valid objects selected". Render mask is set to "none", so I have no idea why I have to have an object selected. And I can select any object and it'll render the entire scene. The only way I can get rid of the error so far is by creating a new scene and merging everything in. Is there something else that might give this error other than render mask? Whatever it is, didn't merge in with the file.

Hello,

Can you share the scene - you can delete most of the geometry and materials. Probably some wrong value stayed in the render mask settings.

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Figured it out. When it was last rendered with VRay 2.5, for some reason the Area to Render was set to Selected in the common tab of the render setup dialog. The last render that was done was a region render, so I must have found out that Selected didn't work with VRay 2.5, but didn't save the file after changing that setting to region. So when I opened it up in the current version, I assumed it was the Render Mask messing up a 2.5 conversion as I use that feature all the time now and the error is exactly the same if you try rendering without an object selected.

Case close.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I completely forgot about the Area to Render option.
        Yavor Rubenov
        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Working...
        X