Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadline Region Rendering - Not saving Render Elements

hey all,

sorry for posting here but i'm awaiting activation on the deadline forum and I'm hoping someone here might know the answer.

We are trying to send a 3ds max region, everything is set up as per usual in max (2016/vray 3.5) and in deadline 9 we've selected "3DS MAX REGION Rendering - Single Job, Frames as tasks" as well as checking the "Use 3ds Max Region" checkbox.

The region itself renders fine however it doesn't save out the render elements for the region?

Does anyone here know why that would be?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Luke.

I haven't done this in deadline 9, but just recently did a project in deadline 8, and it worked fine. Are you saving with vray vfb?
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

hey mate,

we set everything up in max, ie. render output paths and Separate Render Channels under the Vray tab in the render settings dialog. then i'm using deadline to submit the job to our render farm using the settings mentioned in my first post.

we are using 3DS max Region option under "area to render" in the render settings dialog... not the region window in the VFB... as we do test renders at a smaller resolution then send off to the farm at full res.

does that answer your question?

Comment

It would be good to know if V-Ray has something to do with this so is there a chance to test if other render engines works as expected or not?
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
        X