Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Physical Camera + VrayCamera exposure broken when VrayLight PORTAL mode NOT simple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical Camera + VrayCamera exposure broken when VrayLight PORTAL mode NOT simple

Hello,

After extensive 'banging of head against wall' and testing, we discovered what may be a bug. Our physical camera was not responding to any exposure changes through ISO or Shutter speed. The camera starts working as normal when PORTAL is switched back to SIMPLE.

Scene attached.

test_scene_physcam.zip

It works with each status of the Simple option but I must admit that the result looks a bit strange indeed.
    Here is a video from my tests, did you get same/similar results?
    http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...8_16-46-58.mp4
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Hi Svetlozar,

We are running this on 3ds Max 2016 / sp3. In our case the exposure doesn't change at all when not in simple mode. Your results show change in exposure.

Thanks,

Comment

Here is a video of the issue we are having:

http://recordit.co/hVJY18Bkvs

Comment

Have you managed to replicate this Svetlozar?

Comment

I think it works the same way in both environments, the exposure affects the rendering with low values even if Simple option is deactivated.
            Try to input a value of 1 and the image should become almost pitch black.

There is something wrong however with the higher exposure values, it looks like everything works fine up to a specific value but not beyond it.
            Will open a new case into our bug-tracking system for further investigation.
            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Thanks,

Yes, from observation anything under iso 50 works, everything above, stops working.

Comment

Hi Svetlozar. Any updates on this?

Comment

Working...
                X