Square patches in elements using progressive render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Square patches in elements using progressive render

I'm getting these squares which stand out from their surroundings. I thought they might be bucket sized, but am using progressive sampler method.
    Mostly on vray specular and vray shadow elements and are visible in the beauty pass.
    I've uploaded an example from my latest render where the specular element showed the issue the most.

Any ideas?

Its happened on all my renders since using the progressive method. Using Vray 35004, 3ds Max 2016.
    Thanks for any suggestions.

Are you using Adaptive Lights option?

Comment

Ah, yes I am.
      I've not meddled with that in all honesty as I'd never needed to touch it in previous versions.

Comment

Did you try to turn it off? It seems that there are some issue in particular conditions where Adaptive Lights generates artifacts...At the moment, the solution is to come back to the Full Evaluation Lights option

Comment

It looks like that has indeed sorted the issue. Many thanks!

Comment

Interesting - I have been getting these but in the scene I am troubleshooting to get rid of them - turning on full evaluation increases render times exponentially 20 mins to 5hrs (scene has 45 lights, 1 phoenix grid with light resolution at 1% and a few volume grids loading in looping fires) So full evaluation isnt really an option for me

Comment

Originally posted by kwmaher View Post
              I'm getting these squares which stand out from their surroundings. I thought they might be bucket sized, but am using progressive sampler method.
              Mostly on vray specular and vray shadow elements and are visible in the beauty pass.
              I've uploaded an example from my latest render where the specular element showed the issue the most.

Any ideas?

Its happened on all my renders since using the progressive method. Using Vray 35004, 3ds Max 2016.
              Thanks for any suggestions.
              This is definitely a bug which we would like to check if if it already resolved or not. Would it be possible to send us that scene for investigation?

Originally posted by squintnic View Post
              Interesting - I have been getting these but in the scene I am troubleshooting to get rid of them - turning on full evaluation increases render times exponentially 20 mins to 5hrs (scene has 45 lights, 1 phoenix grid with light resolution at 1% and a few volume grids loading in looping fires) So full evaluation isnt really an option for me
              It's interesting to look into this scene as well. I'm a bit surprised to find out that adaptive lights can melt render times from 5hours to 20mins.
              Make sure that you are using 3.50.04 not an older version and if the artifacts are still there pack the scene and send it for investigation.

Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
              Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

If you have the "subpixel mapping" option enabled in the V-Ray color mapping settings, disable it and see if it helps.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post

This is definitely a bug which we would like to check if if it already resolved or not. Would it be possible to send us that scene for investigation?
                  Sorry, I didn't realize there were more replies to this thread - I must'nt have email notifications.
                  Did you get any more cases with this issue?
                  I can supply you with the scene if you need, though I'll need to dig it out as it's 9 months old!

Kevin

Comment

I'd love to get a scene for this, if possible.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

Sure. What do you need? Just archive the scene and wetransfer it?

Comment

Originally posted by kwmaher View Post
                        Sure. What do you need? Just archive the scene and wetransfer it?
                        Yes, that would be perfect. You can send it to me at vlado@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

Hi guys I am having similar problem. The problem disappears if I restart the software but then it appears again.

Please look at the window on the right.

Windows 10
                          Vray 3.6
                          Rhino 6

Attached Files

Comment

Jarek88, would it be possible to forward your project to support@chaosgroup.com (make sure to mention this thread in the email) for further investigation? You can use the Pack Project tool from V-Ray tab > Pack Project.
                            Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                            X