Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB corrections control + render elements

Hi,

Is it me or my multimattes are affected by VFB corrections ?
    I played with Exposure & Highlight Burn and all my multimattes are modified (some part are not totally full RED, full GREEN, full BLUE)

What am I doing wrong ?
    Is there a way to let all render elements not affected by any VFB corrections ?

Thanks in advance
    (Sorry for my bad english)

This is a known issue. In general V-Ray 3.50.04 applies VFB color corrections when saving via "Separate render channels", but not when saving via "V-Ray Raw image file" option.

If you need more control you could use psd-manager - there is global and per element control if you want corrections applied (or save as Adjustment layer). Default is no corrections on MultiMatte elements for example.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel - psd-manager Developer
    Daniel Schmidt - Developer of psd-manager

Comment

Originally posted by dans View Post
      This is a known issue. In general V-Ray 3.50.04 applies VFB color corrections when saving via "Separate render channels", but not when saving via "V-Ray Raw image file" option.

If you need more control you could use psd-manager - there is global and per element control if you want corrections applied (or save as Adjustment layer). Default is no corrections on MultiMatte elements for example.
      Best Regards,
      Daniel - psd-manager Developer
      Thanks ! I searched but didn't find informations about that... I'm pretty sure I read something about that... Anyway, I know psd-manager (great exporter BTW !) but it's not a solution.
      I'm not the "post-prod guy"
      Out of vray, it's no longer my responsibility !

Hope to read more informations about that issue...

Thanks again

Comment

Please ? does anyone have any suggestions ?
        Thanks

Comment

I thought this was fixed a long time ago. I am baffled this is still an issue.
          https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Originally posted by kosso_olli View Post
            I thought this was fixed a long time ago. I am baffled this is still an issue.
            Yes, I was sure to have read something sometime ago about that issue so I was also surprised when my buddy called me to talk about this problem with some of the multimattes...

Comment

Sorry to insist but it's a annoying problem for me so I will be grateful to have some explanations.
              Thanks

Comment

Am I alone with this issue ?

Comment

just save all your needed VFB correction to LUT file and view the render through that. bitmaps will be saved raw.
                  Marcin Piotrowski
                  youtube

Comment

I'm facing this problem too and still no answer from chaosgroup
                    Surrealismo
                    https://www.facebook.com/surrrealismo

Comment

Originally posted by piotrus3333 View Post
                      just save all your needed VFB correction to LUT file and view the render through that. bitmaps will be saved raw.
                      Yes, I can do that but I don't often have to saved raw renders.
                      As I said before, my buddy do all post prod and I prefer to give him all my renders as I want straight out of vray, you know what I mean ?
                      So when I use VFB colors corrections it's because I need it for my final render.

Anyway, I have to find myself a way to do it, it's not a real problem but what i'm asking is more like... Why ?? Is it a "normal" behavior or will it be corrected ?

Originally posted by leo.surrealismo View Post
                      I'm facing this problem too and still no answer from chaosgroup
                      I hope to know a little more soon...

Comment

Sorry to be so booooooring ! but please ? could we have information on this subject ?
                        Thanks a lot !

Comment

It's still in the "to do" list, I will raise the priority.
                          If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                          Chaos

Comment

Ok ! Now I know that it's not a bug or my fault !
                            Thanks for the answer
                            Last edited by rikou; 02-06-2017, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X