Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

invalid geometric normal (-0 0 0) for Non-converted Unicode render Instance name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• invalid geometric normal (-0 0 0) for Non-converted Unicode render Instance name

"invalid geometric normal (-0 0 0) for "Non-converted Unicode render Instance"
    Have this warnings (no warning was in 3.5 version) .
    Any guesses ?
    thank you!

Would it be possible to send us part of that scene that reproduces the error to test it in our environment? We will try to find the culprit and provide a working solution.
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by Zdravko.Keremidchiev View Post
      Would it be possible to send us part of that scene that reproduces the error to test it in our environment? We will try to find the culprit and provide a working solution.
      I found it, the problem is caused by proxy objects (bushes) - I scatter them by Advanced Painter , will try to create proxies again and will let you know ,, thank you

Comment

recreating proxies removes this warning ...

Comment

Thank you for the update
          Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Alex,

I'm having the same problem here,
            Did you find a way to resolve this in the mean time, or do you have a quick solution for recreating multiple proxies?

Thanks
            Pieter
            claar.be

Comment

Hi Peter ,

I just recreate proxies (it was easiest way) ....

Did you find which objects are generating this warnings ?

Comment

just have experienced this... typically as we are rendering for a deadline haha! any way we can solve this without regenerating the proxies?

Comment

Probably not, but I would very much like to know what kind of objects are the original ones and how we can reproduce the problem here, so that we can fix it. Also, which 3ds Max version?

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I am having a similar error to this. warning: Invalid geometric normal (0 -0 0) for "R" my file doesn't crash, and I haven't looked to find the object causing it. I was wondering if this error can slow down renders? It's started after VRay 3.6 update this week. I presume the object I am to look for is called "R" although we sometimes aren't the best at renaming objects, one called just "R" would be surprising to find!

Comment

Same error here... (VrayNext, MAYA 2018.5)
                      No proxy, just an object, that really has some "ungood" geometry, with smoothing applied.
                      When Smoothing turned off, it was o.k..
                      But so is no displacement possible.. (because that makes the same kind of smoothing)

Comment

Working...
                      X