Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Cryptomattes

Dear Chaosgroup Team,

thanks for the great Update and beeing always on the top with all feature and development!

as many we tried out the new cryptomatte integration and had some problems with that.

it seams that on some geometry the matte dont work. we tried serveral setting and tried to found out why it is wokring here and not there...

in the layer itself it seams all is fine but if i want to pick something nothing happens. any ideas?
    the scene you can download here also with the exr

ddl.3deutig.com/download/crypto.zip

hope you can find out whats wrong here...there are several scene here with the same problem...

thanks!

bye,
    jens
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jens_3deutig; 28-06-2017, 09:40 AM.

Jens Hedrich | CEO - Supervisor

3deutig :: animation | visual effects
    info@3deutig.com | www.3deutig.com

I'm actually having the same issues. Rendered one scene with Cryptomattes and it worked great. Tried in another scene with the same render setup and it will not work. The render elements look correct, the metadata is the same as the images from the working scene, but when I try to use the cryptomatte gizmo nothing happens on select. Not sure why the one file works and another file does not.
    Sean Hooper
    Director of VFX

Synchrony Studios

Comment

Thank you the provided scene. I did some tests and it seems the only things that could not be selected as a mask with cryptomatte was few seams. Can you confirm the same behaviour on your side, which objects could not be selected?

I managed to overcome this issue by increasing the final resolution of the image.

Please note that to make selection you need to choose the color picker and then select your object. See the attachment.
      Nikolay Kusht | chaos.com
      Team Lead, 3D Support | contact us

Comment

There is a new update of the Cryptomatte gizmo for Nuke that fixes issues for objects that have spaces in their names, as well as non-ASCII characters. You can get it here:
        https://github.com/Psyop/Cryptomatte

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

thanks for all your replies, we also managed that spaces are the problem in our scene, and after fixing all names all mattes are picable fine. thanks vlado for the link to the new crypto script, we will look into that!

Comment

so we installed the new cryptomattes and all is working fine now! thx for the link vlado!

Comment

Great

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Is there any way to turn of the matte on refracted materials? I have a scene with glass doors in front of furniture and I can't select any of the furniture.

Comment

Cryptomatte element cannot be propagaded through reflections/refractions, this is a limitation which is mentioned in the docs: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...RayCryptomatte
                  As a workaround you may use old approach with MultiMatte elements and Affect All Channels for the Glass material.
                  Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                  Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I'm curious if the limitation to display through refractions is a technical limitation with Cryptomatte or if it's an enhancement Chaos Group may be able to make in the future. It would be fantastic to have Cryptomatte respect the "Affect all" options in materials and reduce the need for MultiMatte.

Comment

Working...
                    X