Orthographic camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orthographic camera

Hello, i've got a problem with Orthographic view.
    The angle of my camera is OK, but the horizontals are not horizontals...
    Is there something i can do ?
    Notice that i want to keep the point of view (to lightly see the top), i f i put the camera at the same hight of the trarget, i will have horizontals bu i will loose the view on the top...
    Dilemna...
    HELP !

Orthographic camera doesn't necessary mean that the objects edges will align horizontally.
    If you would like to see the three sides - top, front and side and at the same time to have horizontals you have to roll the camera but this will also ruin the vertical alignment:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	3dsmax_2017-07-04_13-26-44.jpg Views:	2 Size:	336.5 KB ID:	958914

I don't think 3dsMax has a camera that can show 3 sides of a cube and to align each of them to the corresponding axis.

I can think 3 ways to workaround that.
    1.Fix that at compositing stage
    2.Use Perspective Match tool with Perspective Camera to align the edges to the corresponding axis:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	3dsmax_2017-07-04_15-31-01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	243.4 KB ID:	958915
    3.Apply FFD2x2x2 modifier to align edges to the desired axis:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	3dsmax_2017-07-04_15-33-27.jpg Views:	1 Size:	376.0 KB ID:	958916
    Attached Files
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Thanks a lot svetlozar.draganov for taking time to help me and find a solution.

Comment

Perspective Match !!! Rocks Dude ! Thanks a lot svetlozar.draganov !!!

Comment

Working...
        X