Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying warning messages

Hi,

sometimes I get quite annoying warning messages that I can't do much about. Two most prominent examples being:

A: Rendering animation of fast driving car (~200km/h). I obviously need to crank up motion blur segments on the wheels, otherwise the wheels with fade out with just 2 default motion blur segments. After I do so, on every single render, message window pops up and starts yelling at me that Embree does not support motion blur, and that the regular raycaster will be used. It's that more puzzling considering other renderers using Embree seem to use Embree for motion blur regardless of motion blur segments count.

B: I have scene where I did make a correct choice of appropriate system units for my scene scale, but at near the end of scene creation, I need to put one backplate further away, to get right parallax, lets say 500001 system units away from the origin, and again, the message window pops up every time making sure I know that I've crossed that line by 1 unit, regardless of the fact nothing bad will happen.

Now, I know we have verbosity and I can suppress all the warning messages, and let it pop up only on errors, but then, I may miss some warning messages that are actually important. The problem here is, that some of the warning messages warn about things nothing can be done about, or things that are not really a problem in the first place. I think both of these should be demoted to simple informational message, or a new verbosity level should be created, to set these less serious warning messages apart from those more serious.

Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion we'll definitely consider it for future development of the product.
    I don't know how easy would be but if it is would it be possible to send us a separate scene for both case A and B, I may try to rebuild them by myself but if you are OK to share I am willing to use the original scenes.

Thank you very much in advance.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Yes, will do!

Comment

Working...
      X