No announcement yet.

V-Ray 3.6: IPR causes node slots in slate mat. editor to become incompatible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 3.6: IPR causes node slots in slate mat. editor to become incompatible

Hi,

playing with IPR in 3.6, I am experiencing a bug that randomly and suddenly causes material and/or map slots of nodes in slate editor show up as incompatible type. The node slot changes highlight to red, and you can not plug the node in. What helps is to stop IPR, close slate editor window, re-open it and it works. But the frequency of the bug grows as the active 3ds Max session progresses.

I saw the exact same bug in Corona about a year ago, and it was caused by some native 3ds Max procedural maps, mostly falloff map used in world or object XYZ modes. It would cause some circular references that would render the node slots incompatible, so that could be a good place to look first.

I unfortunately do not have a repro scene as I still don't know how to reproduce it reliably, however, when shading network contains falloff map set to for example towards/away mode in world Z axis, the occurrence is rather frequent, so it should be possible to reproduce by just messing with the map and rest of the shading network for a while. I mostly use it for example for terrain shading, to mask out the slopes.

Thanks.

Thanks for the pointer; will see if we can reproduce this here.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hello,

I was able to reproduce this issue and it's logged in out bug tracking system now. Thank you for reporting it!

Best regards,
      Margarita
      Margarita Stoeva | chaos.com
      Chaos QA (V-Ray for 3ds Max)

Comment

Working...
      X