Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prepass hanging on a few buckets

Hey guys,

I am trying to figure out why my frames are hanging on the prepass stage. The only thing I can figure out is if I set the output rez higher than 2000 it hangs. If it's 2000 and under it renders with no issues.

Check out the example and notice the one bucket that's still working. Vray message dialogue has no errors in it.

Cheers

Alex

Which V-Ray version is this? Try with the latest available build and if the issue still persist send the scene over.
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I think I found the issue. It was a material thing. There a standard material with the opacity at 50 percent. I switched it out to a vray material and now it seems fine. I am using 3.60.01 btw,

Thanks
      Cheers

Alex

Comment

Glad to hear you narrow it down. Standard Material is no longer supported but it shouldn't cause hangings or anything like that. Thats why it's good idea to send the scene for investigation in order to prevent this to happen in the future.
        Another interesting thing to know is whether it occurs with the latest 3.60.03 version.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Good to know. I will get the latest version installed and try it again so what comes of that. I will zip up the file and send it to you. Whats the best way to get it to you?
          Cheers

Alex

Comment

Just send it to support@chaosgroup.com along a link to this thred.

Comment

Just sent it away. Thank you. BTW who do I speak to about joining a beta team, specially vray to unreal engine?

Cheers

Alex

Comment

Managed to replicate the issue thankful to the scene you sent us.
                This looks like a bug certainly, I managed to get rid of the issue by disabling Conserve Memory option here:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2017-08-11_12-15-56.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	963729

Please try that into your environment and let me know whether it helps or not.
                Meanwhile I'll keep you posted in case of any updates about the bug-resolution.

Comment

I tried the scene with unchecking Conserve memory and it worked fine. Thanks for getting that.
                  Cheers

Alex

Comment

Glad to hear trust disabling Conserve Memory helped.
                    I'm not sure if we have an open beta program for V-Ray for Unreal, will check and will let you know.

Comment

Regarding V-Ray for Unreal beta, there is no open beta program right now, we'll make public announcement when we have it.

Comment

OK great. Thanks for the info on the Unreal and thanks for your help.
                        Cheers

Alex

Comment

Working...
                        X