Help with Online License Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Online License Server

I've never really gotten the OLS to work since I used my dongle instead.

I want to move my dongle out to my render farm which those computers will be turned off until rendering which I'm moving to overnight. I do not want those computers connected to the internet.

So my WS now has no dongle. I installed the OLS on my ws, started it, was able to connect online and see that my OLS is green. I've disabled the dongle on this webpage. When I open max and try to render with vray, I get an error: could not obtain license -98.

So what am I missing.

Maybe it would be easier to do that offline borrow license mode...so does that create a file on your computer with the license?

Maybe there is a problem, when I don't have my dongle in my WS and I go to OLS, it says enabled, but I don't see my licenses on the webpage. All I see is Other Products which show the SDK license.

Comment

I think I get it...is it that my licenses currently reside on my dongle and are thereby not available online when the dongle is not plugged into a computer powered on and connected to the internet?

Is it possible to move (not 14 day borrow) my WS license off my dongle and leave the nodes on the dongle? That way I can use the dongle for the nodes for overnight rendering (offline from the internet) and use my WS during the day when connected to the internet?

Comment

You got it right, if licences are on the dongle you won't be able to use them when dongle is unplugged or disabled.
        I'm not 100% sure but I think we could transfer requested licences from the dongle to your online account.
        Please contact us at support@chaosgroup.com and colleagues that handles licencing requests will provide more information on the subject.
        Last edited by svetlozar.draganov; 09-08-2017, 11:07 AM.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Please note that Online licensing (OLS) is currently available for new license purchases only, as our existing licensing system does not allow migration of licenses from dongles to OLS.
          We are actively working on a fast and reliable license migration tool, which will be released in Q3 of 2017.
          We apologize for the inconvenience.
          Nikolay Simeonov

Technical Support Representative
          support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
          X