Vray 3.50 and Workstation/Node Dongle License Disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 3.50 and Workstation/Node Dongle License Disaster

Ok, I definately start to feel really dumb, or probably new license system is not working ok, at all.
    Had to upgrade to 3.50.04 on two machines - workstation with win7 and dongle plugged and render node with win 10 ( +last edition).
    3Ds max 2016 here.
    Until the upgrade, everything was working fine- render node managed to find the dongle from the workstation machine. The upgrade also involved 3dsmax 2015 to 3ds max 2016 upgrade.

I have tried, installing the Vray online license program on both computers, tried all options of IP addresses and names, plus default ones.
    Have found that when You put different than 127.0.0.1 under render node, 3ds max either freezes or crashes.
    For this reason tried swapping the workstation/node to see if win10 is the culprit. Then the machine with win7(being node) started freezing and the win10 one(workstation) detected vray without license problems.

No matter what I do, get either (-200) or (-197) license errors. With or without the Online licensing thing active.

Have lost a precious two days trying to figure this out and after 3 support tickets still not being resolved.

PS. Have Corona installed on both as well - no problems at all, so it is not 3ds max 2016 problem!

Anyone suggestions?

Originally posted by 1=2 View Post
    Ok, I definitely start to feel really dumb, or probably new license system is not working ok, at all.
    Had to upgrade to 3.50.04 on two machines - workstation with win7 and dongle plugged and render node with win 10 ( +last edition).
    3Ds max 2016 here.
    Until the upgrade, everything was working fine- render node managed to find the dongle from the workstation machine. The upgrade also involved 3dsmax 2015 to 3ds max 2016 upgrade.

I have tried, installing the Vray online license program on both computers, tried all options of IP addresses and names, plus default ones.
    Have found that when You put different than 127.0.0.1 under render node, 3ds max either freezes or crashes.
    For this reason tried swapping the workstation/node to see if win10 is the culprit. Then the machine with win7(being node) started freezing and the win10 one(workstation) detected vray without license problems.

No matter what I do, get either (-200) or (-197) license errors. With or without the Online licensing thing active.

Have lost a precious two days trying to figure this out and after 3 support tickets still not being resolved.

PS. Have Corona installed on both as well - no problems at all, so it is not 3ds max 2016 problem!

Anyone suggestions?
    Well, you should definitely deal with support about that, usually, they helped me quite fast with such issues - they can even connect remotely and resolve any issue. Also, the first thing I am doing when I meet such problems is a clean install of VRay license and plugin itself - usually resolves any issues. Also, you might want to check firewall/antivirus blocking connection on VRay License server port.
    Available for remote work.
    My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

I'll find someone from our Support team to assist right away.
      Regarding the tickets you opened, can you share their ticket-numbers so I could check what's going on there and why they are not yet resolved.
      Thank you very much in advance.
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
      X