VrayVolumetricFog and IPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayVolumetricFog and IPR

Is it me missing something, a bug or how things are supposed to be. but I just noticed that VRayEnvironmentFog, doesn't render if you use IPR. I created a very simple scene, a box with several holes, camera and vray sun. Added the VRayEnvironmentFog effect, created a box gizmo, then started up IPR, jus for a bit of fun, to see how changing certain parameters of the sun and fog, would affect the result. Obviously it works just fine with normal VRay Production Render but sadly not with IPR.

After a quick read thorough, there seems to be no note about this in the Help documentation, which got me wondering if it perhaps, is not supported by IPR, despite there being no mention of it in the Help documentation.

See the notes at the bottom - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...IPR+in+3ds+Max
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

This will be implemented in one of the next builds.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Funny! I was just working on an interior scene, using IPR and it wasn't working. Now I know why.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Well that's me informed then. and nice to know it will hopefully be implemented at some point.. Truth is, I rarely have any need for such things in every day work. I was just messing with stuff and after spotting the "God Rays" videos on the chaosgroup youtube channel, I thought I'd have a play with it... I love IPR, as for me, no having the best GPU at the moment, it's much faster, when working on a scene, trying to get lighting and materials looking how I want them. Anyways thanks for the replies and to Vlado for letting me know, it will be implemented in one of the next builds, guess I should have searched the help docs a bit more thoroughly.

Comment

Working...
          X