Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The motion blur on animated particles seems to have some problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The motion blur on animated particles seems to have some problems.

I'm in the middle of picking a strategy for doing some shots for a client. I've been using FStorm for quite a while, but I figured I'd go back to V-ray GPU for this one, and perhaps switch permanently. The client wants CG shots of lots of insects flying. I'm trying to animate the insects wings, then instancing that geometry in PFlow as animated particles. The motion blur looks really bad when I do this, even though I up the geometry samples to ridiculous levels. Am I missing something or does V-ray have a problem with this? Surely this cannot be the first time someone has had use of motion blur for an animated particle? How would you solve this?
    The picture shows the animated particles to the left, and the actual animated geometry to the right. Radical difference even after tweaking.
    Best wishes!
    /Anders

The motion blur for the animated parts won't work correctly with PFlow's instancer (I'll make a note about that in our bug tracker). Instead what you can try is to export your geometry to an alembic, load it in a VRayProxy and instance that with the VRayInstancer. This should get you the correct motion blur.
    Miroslav Ivanov
    Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Working...
    X