BUG* Noise Modifier - Reproducible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUG* Noise Modifier - Reproducible

While trying to render over a network with 2 nodes, I've found a bug with the noise modifier in 3dsmax. When I animate the noise over time, it doesn't animate a smooth motion, but skips around as if the noise suddendly jumps to a different phase. This only happens in the rendered sequence and not the viewport. I'll include an example here.
    Attached Files

This also happens when animating the Phase of a Noise Map in 3dsmax for a Displacement modifier. The phase skips all over in the rendered images.

Comment

hi,
      without testing, it`s not in world coordinates rather than object ?
      just a guess.
      anthonyh

Comment

I'm not sure how it's possible to apply the Noise modifier in world coordinates. Although the displacement version I tested (with animated noise map) was not in world.

Comment

sorry, i thought you meant a noise map, you said modifier.
          I`ve tested through backburner 2016 and (2018 locally only) and it`s fine. Unfortunately I`ve not got 2017 to test so maybe someone else can test.
          have both machines got the same service pack ? i doubt it`s that but you never know.
          anthonyh
          Last edited by anthonyh; 18-08-2017, 06:08 AM.

Comment

All machines are identical with newest Vray and 3dsmax 2017 on Win 7 Pro with latest service pack and Nvidia driver 376.33 (one of the recommended for VRay GPU). I haven't been able to find a solution yet.

Comment

Can any devs please check to verify this? This also is happening in general with animated sequences. I've currently rendered a sequence with a rigged/skinned character and the renders are causing the model to jump all over the place. I'm going to downgrade back to a stable 3.5 and will report on the results.

Comment

Returning to 3.504 and rerendering the same sequence worked as expected. It seems there are problems with the current version of Vray and my OS/Hardware/Network setup.

Comment

Hi,

You are rendering with RT actually. Allright, the issue is reproducible with the latest 3.6 builds and I'm going to log it in our system. Thank you for this report.
                  Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                  Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Is there an ETA on when this will be fixed? Going through the nightlies readme I wasn't able to find it listed. It's quite a crippling bug for network use of RT and as such is holding us off from upgrading (back) to 3.6.

Comment

We don't have an ETA on a fix yet, sorry. We'll update this thread when we have any news.
                      Miroslav Ivanov
                      Chaos Cosmos

Comment

After updating all systems to 3dsmax 2018 with the latest Vray, this problem continues to occur. Particle Flow and various modifiers (ie. FFBox, Noise, Displace, etc.) are causing discrepencies between the renders of our render nodes. Is there anyone else using the latest 2017-2018 3dsmax and Vray to render animations with RT over a GPU network? Is this problem only on the side of Vray or does it have something to do with our setup? Is this problem going to be addressed sometime soon as it's now been almost 3 months since it's been logged.

Comment

This is fixed in the Beta.
                          If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                          Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post
                            This is fixed in the Beta.
                            Will it be fixed in the official 3.6(or higher) or is it only planned for Vray Next?

Comment

We will try to add it to 3.x, too. It's already in the released V-Ray Next 1.
                              If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                              Chaos

Comment

Working...
                              X