Clear All

It's in the stable 3.6 nightlies.
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post
      It's in the stable 3.6 nightlies.
      Thanks, I'll do some testing in the next days/weeks.

Comment

First test has given an error. The scene was already rendered in 3.5, now in 3.6 stable nightlies over Backburner on a network with this:

3dsmax adapter error: Autodesk 20.3 reported error: [V-Ray] ./src/ocl_tracedevice.cpp(2041) : CUDA error 999 :an unknown internal error has occured

I've reverted back down to 3.5 and it renders fine. Haven't had time yet to troubleshoot.

Comment

Originally posted by LeePuznowski View Post
          First test has given an error. The scene was already rendered in 3.5, now in 3.6 stable nightlies over Backburner on a network with this:

3dsmax adapter error: Autodesk 20.3 reported error: [V-Ray] ./src/ocl_tracedevice.cpp(2041) : CUDA error 999 :an unknown internal error has occured

I've reverted back down to 3.5 and it renders fine. Haven't had time yet to troubleshoot.
          You can always send it to me.

Peter Matanov
          Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post

You can always send it to me.
            Unfortunately, I am not allowed to send this project. Although upon testing my original test file here, there is still another BUG in the latest stable. When rendering a sequence through the network, the file is not able to save. This happens because Vray is trying to save the sequential naming (Filename.0001.exr, Filename.0002.exr, etc.) along with an extra Filename.exr. Although the Filename.exr is redundant. So when 2 render nodes are trying to save the Filename.exr at the same time, an error occurs and it cannot write the file. Why is this redundant file being saved out for every frame? This does not happen with version 3.5.

Comment

So that's another issue and it will be fixed as well.

Peter Matanov
              Chaos

Comment

Please keep me informed when this has been fixed as it's currently the one thing left keeping us from upgrading to 3.6.

Comment

Hello!

I'm happy to inform you that there is a fix in the latest stable 3.6 nightlies that prevents the saving of that redundant file. It's also effective in the new V-Ray Next, Beta 2.
                  Please, let us know if there is still some related issue when using your network setup for rendering.

Best regards,
                  Margarita
                  Margarita Stoeva | chaos.com
                  Chaos QA (V-Ray for 3ds Max)

Comment

Great! Thanks for the info. I'll test it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X