Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayLightSelect no GI, Refraction... in full mode with Fusion

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to make work the VrayLightSelect render element.
    I don't know if I'm missing something but seeing the videos it looks like I should be able to add every light in VrayLightSelect elements and then composite them to get the final image withtout adding the GI, Reflections...

I made a simple test scene (Vray 3.6.03) that you can grab here (with a render) :
    http://cynaptek.com/files/VrayLightSelect_test.zip

I have 2 lights in the scene and I created 2 VrayLightSelect in full mode. One for each light.
    I save the image with the VFB and V-Ray raw image file.
    I save it as an EXR 32-bit, Deep EXR.

In Fusion, I load the image and update the RGB channels to get 2 loaders with each light.
    I merge them in screen mode.

With that process I only get the Light pass with some part of caustics (I think).
    Shouldn't I be able to get the same picture with these 2 passes ?

Am I missing something in Fusion or Vray ?

Edit : Just to put it simply the Full mode give me the exact same result as the Direct illumination on Max 2017 with Vray 3.6.02 & 3.6.03

Edit : After removing the Deepoutput option when registering the file I can get the correct Full VrayLightSelect passes.
    I went back to my scenes and it looks like I need to use the "convert scene to Vray" to clean something to get a correct render.
    Also it has to be noted that Photoshop does not display a good result and can't be trusted .
    Last edited by spyzor; 19-08-2017, 03:28 PM.
    Gil Guminski
    cynaptek.com

One thing I need to add... I love it !

Thanks ChaosGroup !
    Gil Guminski
    cynaptek.com

Comment

Thanks for the report. We've logged a bug report about this and will update the thread when we have any news.
      Miroslav Ivanov
      Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Alright, thanks !
        Gil Guminski
        cynaptek.com

Comment

Working...
        X