environment fog causes error: "109 the pipe has been ended" errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• environment fog causes error: "109 the pipe has been ended" errors

I have a very large scene with a lot going on, it uses a ton of ram and has most of the bells and whistles.

Recently the scene started crashing on render for certain frames, it has been a little inconsistent and strange.
    I finally decided to knuckle down and find the culprit.

I rendered the troublesome frames without anima, without the imported sketch up models, without forest pack, without the vehicles etc.
    All test renders still crashing until I rendered it without environment fog.

Now the scene is fog-less and has no issues at all with rendering so clearly environment fog is causing these crashes.

Where shall I send the scene? It is HUGE so... would you like it with just the fog gizmos on its own or the whole thing?

The scene also has arial perspective fog for the distant stuff and environment fog for the light coming through the trees at the same time, is that an issue?
    Attached Files
    WerT
    www.dvstudios.com.au

I need some way to reproduce the error, or else a crash dump (it looks like it might be crashing). If you render locally, do you get an error? Or just on the farm?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I render locally but via backburner. Where might I find a log? I can get you the files if you like but it is rather large.
      WerT
      www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

The crash dump (3dsmax_minidump.dmp) can be obtained in User's Temp directory. The folder can be easily accessed by typing %temp% in Windows Explorer address bar.
        It will be helpful if you could send a stripped version of the scene as well. To do that please send us an e-mail to support@chaosgroup.com mentioning this thread and we will provide you our FTP credentials.
        Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Okay they are on the way, the stripped down scene was only 6mb and the dump 3 so i emailed the lot.
          WerT
          www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

We didn't manage to reproduce the issue on our side. According to the dump file the issue is on the Autodesk side. It might be a good idea to try and re-install BB and V-Ray.
            Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Oh this is a fresh install, fresh machine Can you forward the issue to them? I can't be fucked dealing with autodesk.
              WerT
              www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

109 the pipe has been ended seems to be a Windows issue and is coming up for many products across the Windows architecture. A quick google shows this problem for many products currently.

Comment

Working...
                X