Into the Matrix with Backburner and VRayDirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Into the Matrix with Backburner and VRayDirt

When I'm using VRayDirt as an AO render element and render using Backburner saving in PNG format I get a scrambled image file ala The Matrix. Using another format like TGA I get a nice pretty AO image. If I don't use BB and render using my workstation and use the VRay frame buffer to save out render elements the PNG file works just fine. And it doesn't mater what file I render, I get the same result with BB.

Note, the attached image was scaled down from a 4800px wide image.

Hi

In a quick test everything is working fine with Max 2017/BB 2017 /V-Ray 3.6 . How do you save the render output, using our VFB or the native Max option?
    Would it be possible to provide a scene to try it here?
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Sorry, I forgot the important system/software info.

Max 2017
      VRay 3.60.03
      BB 2017
      Win 7 Pro SP1
      Intel i7-4771
      32GB RAM

Images saved using native Max option. And after further testing it doesn't matter if I use BB or not. The VRay dirt render element saves scrambled. The other render elements do not. Also, the VRay dirt render element in the Max frame buffer looks fine. It's just the saved version looks scrambled.

And using the VFB to save elements works fine. Quite frankly I don't know why I was Max frame buffer. In the future I will just stick with VRay all the way.

Attached is a sample scene.

Attached Files

Comment

I can get the same issue with with your file and after some investigation I found that the GIF output for this particular element is Monochrome 1 bit per channel. All new Exrtatex elements I've added to this scene were 16 bit.
        Can you try to remove this element and create a new one using RGB 48Bit colors from the GIF Setup menu ? I assume this way the AO pass will be saved fine even with the Max FB.Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2017-11-10_10-49-42.png
Views:	72
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	973844
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X