Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray very slow

Hi all,
    Been having some really weird issues with using 2018 and vray 3.60.03. Very slow to move around and do things in the scene. Also when I do render something I don't see anything updating the vfb, ie no buckets moving. I included a txt file and the error message that I got from the last crash.

Anyone else running into this?

Thanks
    Alex

Attached Files
    Cheers

Alex

Alex, I can see from the log that you are using IPR. Have you tried with bucket rendering?
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Please send me the scene at my email.
      If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
      Chaos

Comment

I did not try that Chris. I will look into that but it's just a weird file. Its only 6mb and it takes a long time to save and open. Peter, I just sent you a zip file with everything.
        Cheers

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by alexworx View Post
          Hi all,
          Very slow to move around and do things in the scene. Also when I do render something I don't see anything updating the vfb, ie no buckets moving.
          Are you using RT GPU as Active Shade (IPR) when this is happening? Because there is a denoiser added and it switches automatically to the denoised result channel (effectsResult) while rendering and since it does denoising periodically (after some passes are done) you see the image updating only then.

About the crash - I will need some more reproduce steps, since it seems very stable here. Can you check if there is a 3ds max/V-Ray dump file in the %temp% folder (3dsmax_minidump.dmp and/or vray.dmp)?

Peter Matanov
          Chaos

Comment

I have a similar problem. 3dsmax2018, VRay 3.6.01
            Working in the scene is not a problem but as soon as i start the rendering i get the same problems as OP. LightCache calculation is find but as soon as the rendering starts the vfb locks up, i cant cancel, zoom, stop, do anything in the vfb, i have only two options, sit it out till the rendering is done or completly restart. It is rendering in the background but max and vray are completly locked. I dont have this issue with progressive rendering, it happens mostly when using the bucket mode.

EDIT: installed 3.6.03, same problem.
            Last edited by Olli96; 15-11-2017, 04:13 AM.
            www.short-cuts.de

Comment

Originally posted by Olli96 View Post
              I have a similar problem. 3dsmax2018, VRay 3.6.01
              Working in the scene is not a problem but as soon as i start the rendering i get the same problems as OP. LightCache calculation is find but as soon as the rendering starts the vfb locks up, i cant cancel, zoom, stop, do anything in the vfb, i have only two options, sit it out till the rendering is done or completly restart. It is rendering in the background but max and vray are completly locked. I dont have this issue with progressive rendering, it happens mostly when using the bucket mode.

EDIT: installed 3.6.03, same problem.
              Take a look here - https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...-3-6-vfb-hangs

Peter Matanov
              Chaos

Comment

Working...
              X