Any way to disable denoiser during interactive rendering on pass 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to disable denoiser during interactive rendering on pass 3

The title is just that. When doing interactive rendering and setting up the scene, denoiser kicks in after the 3rd pass, so I basically either have to disable render elements, or the denoiser render element (and remember to turn it back on), or keep hitting the Switch to RGB button every time I move a light, camera, change a material, etc, after the 3rd pass. Extremely annoying to keep having to move all over the place to see the render update instead of looking at a very rough and smeared denoiser result instead of the progressive render which looks better than the denoiser result when it is run so early.

Is there any way to stop denoiser from running so early? A script or something? Maybe give us an option to turn it off and not run until the render is finished, or a minimum pass setting for it to kick in? I swear there used to be the option to have it kick in every so many passes when it first was introduced.

Hello,

Settings->System->Post effects rate controls how often the denoiser updates.

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Thank you!

So this must control all render effects? I guess I would have preferred denoiser controls separate from those, but I don't use any effects so at least I can now disable it and not worry about it.

Comment

Currently there is only the denoiser, and bloom/glare.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X