Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple VRaySun's appearing into my scenes by themselves.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple VRaySun's appearing into my scenes by themselves.....

I've recently been discovering in projects I have been working on that my scenes seem to develop new VRaySuns all by themselves !

This has happened to me now on 3 seperate projects.

I haven't identified why this is happening, but my hunch is to do with flicking over from one VRay Renderer to another (i.e. over from Adv. to RT GPU, or Adv. Progressive to Bucket).

As I say, I haven't identified why it's happening, but the fact that it has happened now to 3 different projects, two of which would have been started totally from a completely empty scene file is worrying....

Basically, my scenes will have either NO VRay Sun, and then over time, I'll find that there are one, possibly two VRaySuns in the scene, all having appearing 'miraculously' by themselves.

Or, the scene had a VRaySun in it, and now it has several (in one case I ended up with FOUR !!!).

What on earth could be causing this ??

Anyone else having the same problem ?

(All software, as in my signature below).

Many thanks.
    Last edited by JezUK; 19-11-2017, 12:28 AM.
    Jez

------------------------------------
    3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
    ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

it's the max material browser. if you browse for a material from another scene and there's a sky linked to a sun in it, it'll bring the sun into your scene just by viewing the materials.

if you're using the new material browser (ie have not manually changed it back to the old one) - it's possible to load multiple max files at once into it and keep them up between max sessions. so the great feature of that is you can open your material browser in a blank max file and 3 suns from 3 different scenes immediately pop in.

it's been this way since the first days of vray sky, the bug has never been fixed. it's a max issue.
    I'm pretty sure it's been around since at least 2006.
    Last edited by Neilg; 19-11-2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Wow, that is a strange bug for sure!
      https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

same thing happens with maps linked to objects. just something to remember about.
        Marcin Piotrowski
        youtube

Comment

Working...
        X