Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Light Select Problem with dome and shadow catcher

Hey everyone,
    im sitting here at my bachelorthesis i tried to make a simple compositing inside of nuke.
    I tried the "new" Full-mode Lightselect compositing methode from the V-ray 3.6 Video on youtube you can find here ( https://youtu.be/3ZVzxCnF2Go?t=1m3s )

1) got a simple object and 4 Lightsources three of them are normal vraylights (plane) and one of them is a dome.
    As a ground i used a plane, created with the shadowcatcher button ( make shadow catcher with object properties).
    So inside of the LightSelectElement with the dome, there is the Groundplane visible. So is this features doesnt working with shadowcatcher till now?

2) If i need refraction on top of the Lightselect which method of the given compositing-methods of the helpdocs should i use there? Thanks Philipp

Regarding 1) According to my test here matte-object is visible in all Light Select elements not only the one with DomeLight inside.
    At this point I don't think that LightSelect elements work with matte-surfaces - I'll add a note about that into our system.

Regarding 2) Can you send us an example of this setup so we could better understand it?
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
    X