Help with render selected - Anti Aliasing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with render selected - Anti Aliasing

Hey all - hoping to get some help with a project I'm working on. Essentially, I'm trying to achieve better results when rendering selected objects without having to go through secondary software like Photoshop. When I put all the different parts together, I'm experiencing issues with the anti aliasing impacting the borders of the image and since they are being displayed on a white background, I get white outlines. Are there some settings that I can change to alleviate this and get something closer to a result of using MatID's where AA can be turned off?

I tried turning off filtering and it did get a little better, but I feel like I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance for any help here!

I did some tests on our side and merging the outputs from different objcet select render elements in Nuke seems to work fine. Things are not the same in Photoshop though. I guess that this is something to do with the pre-multiplied alpha when importing the images.
    Nikolay Kusht | chaos.com
    Team Lead, 3D Support | contact us

Comment

The white background shining through is to be expected. Think about an edge pixel where 2 objects "meet". If one layer is 50% transparent there and another layer is also 50% there. The result will not be that those layers completely hide your background. The first layer will let 50% of the background color through and the layer above it will also just cover 50%. So combined 25% of the background color will still shine through.

If your objects are all rendered on a black background you can combine them using the ADD blending mode (no transparency needed).
      I do not understand your goal completely, since you said "I'm trying to achieve better results when rendering selected objects without having to go through secondary software like Photoshop."

Best Regards,
      Daniel

Daniel Schmidt - Developer of psd-manager

Comment

Hey Dan,

thanks for your reply. Maybe if I explain the situation a little, it would help. Essentially, my client wants different parts of a sofa to be rendered in about 100 color options so the customer can combine all the different parts through a web interface. They aren?t happy with the white edge that I illustrated above. I?m trying to find a way to reduce/eliminate the edge without having to manually make thousands of images.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
        andrew

Comment

Working...
        X