Windows 10 broke BB I think.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 broke BB I think.

I just "updated" my workstation from 7, to 10. When I try to send a DR job over to BB, I get an error. BB Server is stuck in an endless loop looking for a manager, however I have manager running on the workstation as always (although now it's saying no connection because target machine is actively refusing it).

One thing I noticed with Windows 10 is that I had to go in and turn of IVP6 as I know that had created conflicts in the past. Is there anything else I need to be aware of with 10? Do I need to upgrade my nodes to Windows 10? Reinstall BB? Not sure how to troubleshoot this one. Firewalls are all OFF.

btw - DR works fine over the network. It's just BB that appears to be fried after the upgrade.

David Anderson
    www.DavidAnderson.tv

Software:
    Windows 10 Pro
    3ds Max 2023.3 Update
    V-Ray GPU 6 Update 1

Hardware:
    Puget Systems
    TRX40 EATX
    AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core 3.69GHz
    2X NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
    128GB RAM

For years I have had problems with BB. Try reinstalling BB and the manager in the managing computer and BB in all computers, even if you only upgraded one computer, try reinstalling BB on all NW computers, is that feasible? And make sure they are all the same version of BB, as I have had it where I upgrade one BB in one workstation and it just stops functioning well, either all computers on the NW or just that one, is been a couple of years though since my last issue with BB, hope it resolves.

Comment

Here is something i wrote on Autodesk forum, basically it resolves BB/WIN10 issues.

I tried to explain as good as i can so anyone can do it, but it still requires some networking know how, ask your network admin if you have any or friend who knows about those type of things, read thread and instructions CAREFULLY before you proceed as you can make real mess if you do not do it right.

There is chance that this might not work, although lots of people confirmed this solution works for them.

Autodesk is still trying to solve BB issues and i wasn't aware of any at such time.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-m...t/true#M142858

Take care

Comment

Thanks for the tips. Upon investigating into the matter further, I set the server ip to 'localhost' and restarted both server and manager. The server then said it connected (finally) but to a strange ip address. So checking my workstation, it turns out that Windows 10 thought it would be a good idea to make IVP4 automatic... Once I put a manual IP back in place and restarted server/manager, it seems all is well now. Glad it was that simple

David Anderson
        www.DavidAnderson.tv

Software:
        Windows 10 Pro
        3ds Max 2023.3 Update
        V-Ray GPU 6 Update 1

Hardware:
        Puget Systems
        TRX40 EATX
        AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core 3.69GHz
        2X NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
        128GB RAM

Comment

Nice! Thanks for letting us know in case I ran into this in the future.

Comment

Working...
          X