Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generating a Proxy Sometimes Results in Scaled Down Geometry

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Max (second year of professional experience) and came across this issue but couldn't locate any threads about it.

I successfully created a few proxies which work fine and retained the size of the model that it was based on. However, the last one that I generated resulted in a proxy that is ~1/12th scale.

This is the method that I've been using:

Right Click on the Editable Poly > Select VRay Mesh Export > [ Input the settings which are in image attached to post] > OK

Thanks in advance for any input or alternative methods

- MTG

Update - issue resolved itself at least for the time being after running CCleaner and restarting the PC

- MTG

Comment

I'm having a similar issue where I create a vrayproxy and the mesh scales up? I don't really fancy running CC cleaner. Any ideas why this is happening only on some meshes?
      Last edited by stevesideas; 04-01-2021, 10:38 AM.
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Just an idea - does it maybe need a transform reset before creating the proxy - will that stop it happening, that is?
        https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Hi, yes you should reset x-forms before. So check your local scaling of the object you try to convert. It should be 100, if it has any other value for example 1000 then the exported proxy will be 10 times smaller than what you saw in your viewport. However if you choose to automatically create proxies it should be no issue as the local scaling will be applied to the proxy again directly after export. But if you add the same proxy to your scene it would be much smaller as the local scaling would be 100 again.
          I personally don't think that CC cleaner had anything to do with the problem you described
          Check out my FREE V-Ray Tutorials

Comment

Working...
          X