X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proxys locked during rendering

Hello !

We've got a problem with proxys.
    We are working with big teams in parallels, modeling team that export proxys & start building environnement and surfacing team that reexport proxy for UVs (and shaders off course).

Unfortunately, when modeling team is rendering, surfacing team can't export the proxys.
    Max seems to lock the proxy during the rendering and we can't update them....

Do you have any idea on how to workaround this ?
    any way to unlock this by script ? i can confirme that unlocking the file by hand do the job, but i need to automate this

Thanks !

-p-
    http://tatprod.com/

File locking is preventive measure which will ensure that V-Ray will use the same assets during the rendering.
    We have another client who struggles from similar thing but for updating texture files.
    We are working on a solution that would allow the user the specify whether the files should be copied and loaded locally before the rendering.
    This will leave the original files unlocked since V-Ray will load the files from another location.
    Let me know if this looks like a good option for you and I'll add a note to develop the feature to work with proxy files as well and to port it to 3dsMax since it's originally developed for Maya.
    Last edited by svetlozar.draganov; 06-03-2018, 03:55 AM.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Forgot to mention that it may be possible to workaround that by rendering with DR enabled, proxy files stored on path unavailable for the render nodes and use local machine disabled.
      When proxies are unavailable for the render nodes, V-Ray will transfer them and hopefully when local machine is disabled the files won't be locked.
      I'm not sure if that would work but you may try it.

Comment

We have change a bit our way to generate & manage our proxy for this time.

By the way, we are also thinking of copying all scene's references (textures, proxy, xref, point cache...) to local before rendering, but for network optimization with deadline.
        This would be a huge option if vray had this, i would be glad to test it

thanks !
        -p-

http://tatprod.com/

Comment

The feature request we are working on is for Maya specifically, it's not yet finished.
          I added a note to port it to 3dsMax once it's completed.

Copying assets locally will be a good way to workaround this issue and of course will help a lot for network performance during the rendering.

Comment

Working...
          X