Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR (lighting?) issue

Hi there,

I've been rendering distributed over 10 nodes (including my ws) for a few months now.
    At the moment I'm having an issue again.
    It seems that some servers don't get the right prepasses, or something like that?

Cause I've got a mix of different rendered buckets:
    - in the center which are rendered first, mostly by the workstation that launches the render
    - some bright rendered buckets which are completely wrong, all rendered on the same node
    - then there are the other rendered buckets on the rest of the nodes combined, which are rendered somewhat darker?

I've attached some screenshots, and the vray log file.

Thanks in advance
    Pieter
    Attached Files
    Pieter
    claar.be

It seems like the machine that renders the bright buckets either render the sky alone or it renders another camera. Please try to restart the spawner on the nodes, make sure all machines in the pool are using the same V-Ray version, enable Restart servers on render end (in the Distributed rendering settings) and increase the Adaptive lights to 20 in example. Then if the issue still persist please send us log files from the problematic nodes as well.
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Zdravko,

Thank you for your reply.
      That seems to fix some of my problems: all the splotches and white buckets are now rendered correctly.
      But now I'm getting some other issues (has to do with railclone) but I'm still testing here to see what's going on.

The restart on end, I've never used it because I was thinking that the servers would reboot... is that the case? or just the software: max and vray?
      Rebooting would consume some time if it happened each time, not?

Thanks
      Pieter
      claar.be

Comment

The option will restart VRaySpawner, which will restart the 3ds max dummy. It won't take long and it will prevent such issues.
        Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

I'll enable that in the future from now on.
          Pieter
          claar.be

Comment

Working...
          X